Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Reason for This Blog



My heart is hurting.

The kind of hurt you can feel.  The kind of hurt that pulls and stretches something inside of you.  The kind of hurt that you experience rarely, and often for the same reason. 

I watched a video tonight of a woman who went into abortion clinics, asked questions, and recorded the responses she got.  Something boiled inside of me as the calm-faced doctors and workers behind desks told the woman that what she had inside of her was not a baby yet.  They admitted that the woman needed to have the fetus “terminated” while inside of the womb…because once it was born, it could not be gotten rid of in that manner.  I cried as they showed pictures of a baby born at 23 weeks (legal to abort in many states), as it developed into a happy and healthy 3-year-old.

I finished that video and I sobbed.  I cried over the lives being lost every day, over the fact that the people of our nation seem so blind to the issue.  I was angry and broken-hearted all at the same time.   

I asked God why things are this way.

And then I realized.

Things are this way because they have not been changed yet. 

That may seem like an overly-simplistic statement; probably because it is.  But it is also a loaded statement.

Abortion is a big issue.  A huge issue.  And it will continue to be one until someone does something about it.  There are so many people who are putting their all into this cause—Abby Johnson and Claire Culwell are two who inspire me greatly.

I do not know exactly what part I will play in the fight to abolish abortion.  I really have no clue.  But what I do know is that I will have a part.  I won’t be silent, because we cannot afford silence.  They need someone to speak for them.

To be quite honest, I am not yet even sure how this blog will turn out.  It is 1:01 in the morning as I am typing this, and my mind has not gone quite that far yet.  But I knew I would not be able to sleep until I wrote something.  For now, I want to raise awareness.  I want to talk about the issues involved in abortion and in the pro-life cause; because if people do not understand the issue, then they cannot truly pick a side.  I would love to answer any questions that you may have, so feel free to leave them in the comments. 

I want to end this post with a verse that I always remember whenever I think about my passion for the pro-life cause.  I pray it speaks to you as much as it has to me.

“Open your mouth for the speechless, in the cause of all who are appointed to die.  Open your mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.” (Proverbs 31:8-9)

In Christ and For Life,

Ari Joy

1 comment:

  1. This is truly heartbreaking. I feel this way on so many issues, and never know what to do. You've made a great first step! Whatever you need, whether it's an anchor for a 5K team (because we both know I'll be the slowest), goods for a bake sale, arms to hold a protest sign, WHATEVER you need, I'm there. I think you're simply amazing for doing this and you're gonna make it go places. This issue doesn't have to be fought with anger, but by demonstrating Christ's love. I love you for doing this! <3

    ReplyDelete