Friday, May 8, 2015

Everyday Grace

I like to do things.

I want to make my life matter. I know I was placed on this earth for a reason. Though I don't know exactly what God plans to accomplish through me, I want to be completely open to whatever it is.

Because I'm such a "doer", I sometimes get frustrated with everyday things. School...work...homework...sleep...sure, I know all of these things are important. They're just part of the journey of life that I'm on, and they are completely necessary as building blocks for my future.

But often I want to do more. I want to be more. Sometimes I get dragged down by the everyday happenings that I don't feel accomplish much.

A little while ago, I heard a song by Matt Redman called "Your Grace Finds Me". The song talks about how God's grace is always here and has always been there...from the beginning of Creation, up until this very minute, and through eternity. One verse that particularly spoke to me said that God's grace is there "in the everyday and the mundane."

This was so encouraging for me. I have to remember that God has a purpose for even the times when I feel like I'm not "doing" anything.

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.'" (2 Corinthians 12:9a)

I know that God has a specific calling for my life. I know at least part of that calling is to be a voice for the speechless. I am excited to see how He will use me to do that in the future, and I'm trusting that He will give me  great opportunities even in the everyday happenings of my life. Right now I am praying that He will use this blog to reach people and encourage them. To bring to awareness the Holocaust of my generation, and to encourage others to join the fight. I can't wait to see how God uses me to help the pro-life cause, and I know His grace will be sufficient for whatever He calls me to do!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I miss our preschool shifts together! I feel the exact same way about the mundane everyday tasks! I feel like they slow me down from my greater purpose. I'm learning that Jesus walks with me during those times as well and it can be a quiet time for my mind to be still. He will show you your greater purpose just keep walking and listening. ☺️

    ReplyDelete